Share this Course!
Teacher: Idania SalcidoMeet Idania
Share this Course!
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read our FAQS that apply to all of our courses. If you have a question after that please use the contact page. Click to Read FAQS Now.
They say that every artist paints himself, and I couldn’t agree more. Every artwork you create is a reflection of your story and yourself, and in this class I want to share with you how being mindful of my emotions and symbols has made me a better, more honest artist and how it translates in art that feels more personal to me and more authentic to the viewer.
Join me, multi media artist Idania Salcido, the artist behind Danita Art, as we explore more about ourselves through portraiture in mixed media and learn an easy method to paint portraits that will get the results you are looking for, every time.
See how I gather references from diverse sources to be used as future ideas, how we can become mindful of the colors on a scene to extract a meaningful color palette to create moods, set a scene and create anticipation and convey emotions through the power of color.
I will show you how to analyze our chosen references to remove unnecessary items so we can extract the essential idea and embed your own experiences and beliefs as you transfer them to your creation.
You don’t need painting experience to take this class, but if you already have some, you will put those hard earned skills to good use. I will provide printable materials for you to help you map your portraits while I show you my best tips and tricks for painting along the way, and then, a few different ways to finish your painting. If you’re ready to start the journey of discovery of you through portraiture, I will be more than happy to be your guide.
Techniques Taught in this Course
- Learn the fundamentals of drawing and painting a face
- Use storyteller techniques in your art
- Sketching with graphite or colored pencils
- Portrait painting with acrylics and mixed media
- Flora and fauna drawing
- Learn to mix beautiful skin tones
- How to make your paintings personal and meaningful
- Develop your personal color palettes
- Techniques for transferring your sketches to canvas
- Portrait composition
- Learn to simplify and highlight what’s most important in your painting
- Using pictures as reference without copying them