The following is in place to be compliant with the GDPR
Who we are
Our website address is: https://jeanneoliver.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
JeanneOliver.com uses the information it collects about you in the following ways:
- To respond to any requests from you regarding sales and support.
- To contact you regarding any agreements or accepted terms that you may have with JeanneOliver.com on or offline for services, purchases and events.
- To provide you with marketing emails, special offers, advertising campaigns, or newsletters. (You can Opt Out of any or all at anytime by unsubscribing at the bottom of any email. You can also contact us through our Privacy Contact Page
- To provide you with information associated with your account.
- To analyze course interaction and access.
- To diagnose problems.
- To find and prevent fraud.
- Process for other purposes for which we obtain your consent.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website. We use User Avatars where you can upload an image to be used as your picture when accessing the site through your account. You can edit, change and delete your image from your account page.
We use Gravity Forms for all forms on our site. Our Contact Form along with any form on our site does not store your form entries in or on Gravity Forms site. Your form entries are stored in our private database. All information collected through any of our forms from May 24th, 2018 forward have a consent box that you agree to us receiving the requested information through the form. This means the information you submit is stored in our database along with being sent to our associated email address. A copy of your entry is also sent to your email address upon submission. To best serve you, we ask that you be logged into your account before using most of our forms. In these cases, the form auto generates your JeanneOliver.com user information. Which would include your name, username, email address, browser and IP address. This allows us to complete the request you have submitted to us through the form. We keep contact form submissions for a certain period for customer service purposes, but we do not use the information submitted through them for marketing or any other purposes.
We use Sendgrid to send all of JeanneOliver.com transactional emails. These are automated emails that come from JeanneOliver.com due to requests you have made through the website. Including but not limited to Account emails (login information, reset password etc.), Shop emails (order verification, order processing, order cancellation, order refund, shipping order, download credentials, shop account information). Transactional emails cannot be unsubscribed from as there are no lists to unsubscribe from. A transactional email will only come to your inbox if you have triggered one of the areas above. If you unsubscribe from the bottom of a Transactional Email you will no longer receive these important emails from your account on JeanneOliver.com.
Embedded content from other websites
We use WooCommerce for our shop. WooCommerce itself does not receive or store usage data.
What we collect and store from our shop
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
When creating an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 5 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them on products.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, Administrators can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Source: LearnDash LMS
We use Learndash as our LMS (learning management system) which is how we deliver our online courses.
What we collect and store through LearnDash
When you purchase a course from us, even if it is free, it is processed through our shop. See above for Shop Information.
- To access any of our courses you must register for an account.
We use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Create your account for our LMS
- Notify you when your course goes live
- We store information about you for as long as your account exists.
- We store course progress, including completion status, quiz scores, assignments and/or essay or file submissions (if applicable).
- We will also store comments on courses, lessons, topics, assignments, and essays if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Only JeanneOliver.com Administrators can access the information you provide us.
- Order information such as your enrolled courses, course progress and username / email address.
- Any additional information added in your WordPress User Profile can also be visible to the administrator(s).
Any additional information added in your WordPress User Profile can also be visible to the administrator(s).
Google Analytics - Write up coming
Who we share your data with
Through Google Analytics -Write up coming
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. If you request for your personal data be erased, it is not restorable. This would include but not be limited to your memberships to any of our courses, workshops, and shop orders.
Contact us through our Privacy Contact Page for any inquiries or questions.
You may unsubscribe from receiving promotional or marketing emails at any time by using the “unsubscribe” link in the email received, or by emailing us at Privacy@JeanneOliver.com.
As outlined in the Section, Cookies, you can also control your own cookie settings. With respect to your account information, you may update, correct or delete information that you provided to us by logging into your account or contacting us at Privacy@JeanneOliver.com.
Please see our Subscribe Page for more details on Email Subscriptions. It is very important that you not choose to stop receiving 'all emails' from JeanneOliver.com if you want to receive Transactional emails as described above.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
For questions about your personal privacy here at JeanneOliver.com please email Privacy@JeanneOliver.com.
Will be added here.
How we protect your data
All administrators on this site use two factor authentication and we use iThemes Security Pro to best secure the site. We maintain reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety of your personal information. At the time that JeanneOliver.com no longer has a legitimate business need to process your personal information, or no longer has a need to keep your personal information for any legal, tax, or regulatory reason, we will either delete or anonymize it.