I am a gatherer. I gather vintage papers, photographs, leftover bits of my own work, words from magazines, color palettes that inspire, foraged finds and composition ideas wherever I can find them. I often use these gathered pieces in my new works but first they often find themselves layered on my studio wall. With simple artist’s tape I begin layering all of the little bits of beauty that I have found. This is how I document ideas, new classes, the palette and marks of a new piece of work and to bring my little collections together in a way that I can see clearer what I am being pulled toward.
In this course I share my process of gathering inspiration, how I organize what I find beautiful, a printable mini workbook so you can document what you find beautiful through your five senses, the order in which I put inspiration boards together and how I use each one to guide intentions, our business and future creative work.
Together we will create an intentions board, future online course board and a board to inspire a new art series.
This course is for anyone that wants to use beauty, intention and visuals to stay intentional and focused in life and work.
Techniques Taught in this Course
- Exploring what you find beautiful through the five senses
- How to gather inspiration and create inspiration bundles
- Gathering a color palette for each board
- Creating marks and mini art pieces with paint, ink and more
- Creating marks with spray paint
- Easy and organic stencil making
- Creating wall murals and exploring the space you have
- How to use different surfaces for your boards
- How to narrow down inspiration
- The order I use to create each board
- How to use the boards to direct intentions, focus, goals, future work and a series of art