Painting With Wool with Deanne Fitzpatrick
In this course I want to introduce you to the craft and art of rug hooking as I do it at Deanne Fitzpatrick Studio. Rug hooking is more than making rugs. You can use it to express yourself and become creative. In fact, it can be painting with wool. It is just another medium that can be used to express your ideas and is an art form.
In this course I will introduce you to the basics of rug hooking from start to finish. We’ll talk about colour, texture and design for rug hooking as we create several small rug hooking projects for your home. I want to inspire you and get you excited about creating beautiful textiles for your home from new and recycled material.
Techniques Taught in this Course
- How to prepare fabric for rug hooking
- How to hook a rug using yarn
- How to hook a rug using wool cloth
- How to create a pillow from a hooked rug
- How to finish, bind, and block a hooked rug
- How to frame a hooked rug