In this life, we get the chance to create and then recreate the version of ourselves that feels most true to us. At any time, we get to sort through the pieces of ourselves and decide what pieces we will continue to grow and develop, and what pieces it might be time to let go of.
Melody will guide you through beautiful and deep self inquiry and creating a self-portrait collage that embodies the layers of your life. You’ll artfully and creatively honor stages of life through sorting pieces of yourself, embodied with scraps of paper, fabric and various mediums to create a textured and meaningful collage – piecing together who you have become and what life becomes through our own layers.
Techniques Taught in this Course
- Artfully and creatively honoring the stages of your life through collage
- Piecing words and scraps together to map out who you have become
- Techniques for layering scraps to look like ancient layered patina
- Choosing texture language to express your deepest self
- Distressing techniques to add gorgeous texture
- Collaging with fragments, scraps, fabric, paper and personal pieces of your life
- Creating beauty from dilapidation
- Using deep questions to find deep soulful answers
- Artful creative self-inquiry exercises
- Using curated words as creative soul medicine
- Creating the look of layers and layers of paint through a special collage technique