Each piece of art that we create leads us closer to our own journey in storytelling through our art. Only through practice and honoring our own journey and story will we be able to have the courage and vulnerability to create art that tells the story of our hearts and those around us.
Join me as we look into the eyes of those that have come before us. Let’s tell their story. The story of the Mavericks. With a dyed + stitched art journal, natural dyeing of paper and fabrics, stitching, sketching, painting, collage and mark making we will bring our stories to life. We will take beautiful and broken stories and intertwine our own poetry and journey.
We will spill out our stories onto the canvas with hidden messages, symbolism and depth. We will create art that shows emotion, inspires and connects. Maybe there are stories in you that you didn’t know you have to tell.
Discover the power of expressive storytelling and tell the stories that are begging to be known.
Watch the Welcome Video below!
Techniques and art that will be taught in Storytellers and Mavericks:
- Natural paper and fabric dyeing techniques
- Journal Making
- How to pull your palette together for a project
- Creating collage pieces within your art work
- Storyteller techniques to use in your art
- How to bring new life to older art
- Sketching with graphite, Stabilo, charcoal
- Portrait painting with acrylics and/or oil paints and watercolors
- Alternative image transfer methods
- Mark making with stitching and metalwork
- Storytelling through mark making
- Storytelling and symbolism through collage
- Incorporating vintage elements into your work