The Bookmaker with Roxanne Evans Stout
I began loving the book arts soon after I discovered collaging and creating with mixed media.
The idea of a book, something with non-conventional pages that open and close or roll out, integrated with found objects, layers and textures, but not necessarily words, is very intriguing to me.
In this workshop I will share my passion for the book arts with you! For our hands-on projects in this workshop, you will create and celebrate the story of you and your world, your existence, and be inspired by the secrets and mysteries of time. Come and be captivated… and immerse yourself in the creative process of being an alchemist in your own home!
Techniques Taught in this Course
- Handcrafting a book
- Collaging with fabric and papers
- Connecting found objects to tin surfaces and book pages
- Attaching with thread and wire
- Stitching Fabric Scrolls
- Exploring the connections between the old and the new
- Learning unique processes that will open the doors to new creations
- Creating magical art pieces that you will love