Encaustic Memory Keepers with Crystal Marie
Busy lives, fleeting time . . .
So often the significance of a season will escape our notice when we are in the midst of living it. It is only in hindsight that we’re able to see the indelible mark left on our soul. Other times, we find ourselves wanting to hold onto every precious second and yet time seems so fleeting.
In Encaustic Memory Keepers, we seek to honor such moments, be they weighty and life altering, or the sweetest and most uplifting of times, through the creation of a symbolic work that is both, a beautiful work of art and a container for the energy, thoughts, and emotions we seek to honor, utilizing techniques in encaustic wax painting with simple assemblage.
Techniques Taught in this Course
- Encaustic wax painting
- Embossing designs into wax
- Creating glazes for surface design from pigment sticks
- Simple assemblage design
- Creating three dimensional works of art
- Using salvaged materials and found objects in art
- Embedding and attaching objects into encaustic wax medium
- Finding personal and symbolic meaning in objects
- Creating art as a meditative practice