Figuratively Speaking with Dina Wakley
In Figuratively Speaking, we’ll combine two of Dina’s loves: abstract figures and putting your own handwriting in your work.
Dina will show you easy ways to create textured backgrounds, based on your art marks. Then we’ll demystify abstract figures by creating them simply but effectively. Dina will show you her tips for adding writing and asemic marks with your own hand to your backgrounds and to your figures. We’ll fill the figures with colors, textures, words, and even miniature paper weavings. A true mixed-media experience, Figuratively Speaking will ignite your creative fire.
– Express your feelings through line
– Spill your soul with your own hand
– Discover abstraction techniques
– Create textures and layers
– Integrate words, colors, textures, and imagery
– Fill your figures with meaning
– Weave your story into your artwork
– Craft artworks that sing with meaning