Home is the beating heart of the holidays. Our homes are visual representations of the things we love and hold dear; and our most powerful place of ministry—to those under our roof and all that cross its threshold. They are a sacred space of beauty, experiences, and memories; and a favorite place to gather with family and friends during this special time of year. Instead of treating the holidays as a checklist….let's have FUN creating homes full of creativity, hospitality, and treasured experiences during this special season.
This class is all about creative decorating, gathering, baking, and gift-giving for the holidays! In this class you will explore how to intentionally create beauty in your home and gatherings throughout the Thanksgiving and Christmas season.
You will begin with creating simple rituals that keep your home grounded during this season that can so easily get lost in hustle and bustle. You will create lovely items for your home and table from foraged finds in nature, be inspired with unique gathering ideas and how-to's, learn unique ways to welcome and prepare for overnight guests, create lovely meals even with takeout (no one will know!), and create beautiful handmade gifts for giving or keeping!
Techniques Taught in this Course
- Setting home rituals in the busy holiday season
- Preparing your home for overnight guests
- Creating your own custom scent for your home
- How to pull together quick, lovely meals for gathering
- Focaccia art
- Making mini rosemary wreaths
- Stitched leaves for place settings and gift tags
- Creating foraged holiday wreaths
- Assembling foraged salt + pepper cellars
- Making jarcuterie and charcuterie cones for holiday get-togethers
- Creating artful, foraged fire starters for your home and gifts
- How to make your own seasoned butters, salts, and sugars
- Creating pine needle tassels
- Dying fabric strips for ribbon and holiday conversation starters
- Unique holiday gift wrapping