Poets and Misfits with Jeanne Oliver
Do you see beauty all around you?
Do you gather words, nature, and objects that others toss aside?
Do you create to bring new ideas to life and to also calm the stirrings inside of you?
Are you open to what is and what can be?
You are a poet!
In this course we will take stitches, elements of nature, our mark making and create unexpected beauty. Use elements you already have on hand and often what others consider trash to create layers and your final work.
Join me on a journey of seeing that where you might have felt left out, unseen, out of place… Those aspects about you are what have really made you the out of the box thinker, the beauty maker, the seer of what is hidden, and the one that marches to the beat of your own drum. The misfits have been the poets all along.
Techniques Taught in this Course
- Hand stitched journal
- Basic stitches for embroidery work
- Lighting a still life to make an interesting painting
- Discovering your artistic voice
- How to stitch a portrait
- Loose portrait paintings on fabric
- Naturally dyed fabrics and thread
- Botanical transfers within journal
- Creating dye baths for journal
- Pulling your palette together
- Found pigments
- Creating cut out papers for collage
- Creating translucent collage papers
- Creating marks using gelli plates
- Incorporating woodburning into your art
- Creating abstracts with strong compositions
- Creating with fabric, cardboard, wood, calcium carbonate and vintage ephemera
- Using Plexiglass to finish your work