Wild and Free Art Journaling with Cathy Walters
Join Cathy Walters to learn how to begin an art practice that is based upon creating a safe and honoring artistic ritual through paint and play.
During this course you will learn how to find your authentic inspiration and how to incorporate the good, the bad and the extraordinary of your life into your work.
Baggage…we all have it. Now what do you do with it and how to include even negative thoughts into our journal. You will not leave this course without diving into what will become your personal artistic mantra. This will propel you into daily practice.
A peek into what we will cover in Wild and Free Art Journaling:
1. Cathy’s favorite materials
2. Beginning an art practice….a lesson in creating a safe and honoring artistic ritual through paint and play.
3. Finding your authentic inspiration…how to find and incorporate the good, the bad, and the extraordinary of your life into your work. Color theory and some basics to help you get your feelings across in color.
4. Baggage…we all have baggage…we all have a story…we all have limitations. Now what? Dealing with negative thinking in our journals. This will be a big collage assignment.
5. What’s your artistic mantra? A lesson to propel you into your daily practice. Cathy will also include lists of where she gets ephemera and supplies.