Facelift Friday


I'm baacccckkkkkk!

I have to say…this little Friday thing has me working on things I have been meaning to do for awhile now.

This project was super simple and EASY.

I have been wanting to take my cabinet (that I keep my china and some of my ironstone) and put vintage sheet music along the back.


Once again I had no rhyme or reason and just started applying the sheets (surprise, surprise).

I used my Xryon machine and the re-positionable cartridge because I am a girl that can change my mind.


You could also use Modge Podge or any other adhesive you are comfortable with.

I cut different sizes of the vintage sheet music and started applying them until the whole back of the cabinet was covered.

It only took about an hour and I love how it turned out.



I am already SUPER excited about my project for next Friday!!!

This next project will take a little more time and effort.

I think I can do it in a day…which means I will be working on it all week:-)

Anyone else ever UNDERESTIMATE project times??

Share this Post


  1. Becky Crenshaw

    I am super excited about finding your blog! I saw your comment on Lissa’s blog. Sister, just love your style and heart. Will be checking in…

  2. Jen Rizzo

    It looks fantastic Jeanne! I love that cabinet! It turned out so nice. I bet it feels good to get stuff done πŸ™‚

  3. dianereeves

    Owning a fixer upper was a constant reminder that I always underestimate how long projects will take.
    I can’t wait to see next weeks project.

  4. Brandie

    You are a girl after my own heart! I swear I would wallpaper almost anything in vintage sheet music;)

  5. Treva Ann

    Please! Is there anyone who hasn’t underestimated a “quick” little change at one time of another? And have you ever gotten yourself into something that mushroomed to the point of wishing you had never started? I can’t even count the times. πŸ™‚ Your cabinet turned out great. Well worth the time and effort… so smart to make it “changeable.” Being a capricious sort myself, it’s the only way to go.

  6. Kara

    Just finished my kids’ bathroom. Thought it would take 2 weeks, it took me 2 months!!

  7. Privet and Holly

    J: This is great! I always love the contrast of the off-white sheet music with black and it is even more wonderful with your white pieces.
    Isn’t it great to finish a project??? Hope your Friday is great and your weekend, too!
    xx Suzanne

  8. Christine

    I am loving Facelift Fridays! The sheet music looks great! And what a beautiful collection! I used to underestimate, but I have come to learn with children underfoot, everything takes ten times longer than it should:)

  9. Julie

    Love how it turned out! Loved your last post too, Jeanne. So glad you’re feeling strong. Thanx for sharing your journey. Happy 4th! πŸ™‚

  10. Deana Wolfe

    It is very cute! I still need to finish one for a friend, maybe we could all work on that one?
    Happy 4th of July to you and your family

  11. Sweet Pea

    wow! i love that cabinet and thought it was great before, but after… fabulous! it looks stunning.

  12. jackie

    I love your new look…………I am excited to see what you come up with next week. Thanks for the inspiration!

  13. LuLu

    It’s gorgeous. And I’m jealous over your ironstone collection…. lovely!

  14. Anne Marie

    looks great! and I really like your collection of ironstone – especially those covered tureens.
    happy 4th!!!!

  15. meandmyyellowhouse.blogspot.com

    I just found your blog..clicking away and I came upon it…and so happy I did! I loved reading through all your older posts.
    The sheet music was a fabulous idea – really, it looks great! I love it with the black and white.
    Can’t wait to follow along ~ hope your 4th is a fun one.

  16. Traci

    Love it when a project comes together. It looks amazing. Can’t wait to see what’s next.

  17. Patti

    I love what you did with the cabinet. I must borrow the idea for a couple pieces I own. I found your blog in the Artful Blogging Magazine. I so want to *learn* to set up a blog and keep it updated. So glad I found you.

  18. Mrs Kwitty

    Fantastic project…it turned out great! I also have been wanting to do this with a cabinet of ours, you have inspired me!
    Smiles, Karen

  19. Lara

    Love it, love it! I have so much sheet music left over from my singing days–what a great way to incorporate some memories πŸ˜‰
    You are such a crafty girl–thanks for sharing your gifts with the rest of us.

  20. Kacey

    I love how it turned out! It was a cool piece before, but the sheet music just adds to it.

  21. Marie

    Hello sweet Jeanne – lovin’ your FAB cabinet! It was darling before, but adding the vintage sheet music give it so much more character. Beautiful job! Love all your white dishes in there. Gives me some inspiration for my hutch.

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.