I would love to take a moment to share the gorgeous work being created in my online course Paint Your Town: Mixed Media Urban Landscapes. It is truly blowing me away!
It is never my intention to teach other artists how to create art like me but to take techniques and make them their own. The artists in this course are doing just that!
I am so moved by how they took techniques and prompts and then with connecting with their world they made them their own. The most beautiful part is how they are all showing up and capturing the life in front of them! Bravo!
The heart behind this course was to encourage other creatives to not wait for a special trip or an art retreat to connect with the world around them. When I reflected on some of my favorite artists the truth was that they may have been inspired by a special trip or an art friend but the body of their work was created by PAINTING THEIR TOWN, THEIR FRIENDS, THEIR HOMES, THEMSELVES! Isn’t that encouraging and inspiring!
Come and get a GLIMPSE into the art being created within the online workshop by the students…
Paint Your Town: Mixed Media Urban Landscapes Course Trailer
Here is peek into the content of the course…
Sometimes we get to be wild explorers and travel far away, other times we can connect with other creatives not far from home and at other times we have the joy of hunkering down right where we live and creating among our day to day life. Each one of these are life giving and creative building travels.
I love that my travels have allowed me to build beautiful new friendships, sketch among stained glass windows and old wooden pews, sip espresso as I watch the locals pass me by and learn to get out of my comfort zone and create wherever I go.
I also love that it has taught me to find the beauty in the ordinary and familiar. This is the practice that has grown me most as an artist and has allowed me to practice daily.
In Paint Your Town | Mixed Media Urban Landscapes we will become tourists in our own towns and open our eyes to the photography, sketching, architecture, people, cafes, painting, connecting, history and beauty right in front of us.
In this class we will create abstract landscapes, work with sketching and watercolors, collage, image transfers, charcoal sketches and create mini works of art to create our own Paint Your Town journals when we are done.
The heart behind my art and classes is to encourage practice, use what you have and to create wherever you go. I hope you will join me! This will be the fall that your town becomes your favorite travel destination!
This online art workshop has over 20 videos, 7 1/2 hours worth of content and lifetime* access to the content.
If you are new to our creative network here are easy steps to get you started…
1. Register at jeanneoliver.ning.com (this is free).
2. Once your account is active you are able to take advantage of our free courses, series and even pay for courses.
3. Go to jeanneoliver.ning.com and along the top header click on “COURSES” and you will be able to view all three pages of online courses and free series.
4. To purchase a course please choose your course, click on the +join in the upper right hand corner, pay and you will be INSTANTLY in the classroom.
5. All videos can be found along the right hand side of the page under “COURSE CONTENT”.
6. All of our courses are pre-recorded so you can watch at your convenience. The best part is that you have lifetime* access on all new purchases! Pretty awesome if you ask me.
*as long as we manage this site
Share this Post