Ok. I have been “tagged” many times lately on Facebook to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits or goals about myself. I have decided I will do it here instead and don’t worry…I like all of you too much to tag 25 of you innocent people.
1. When I was little I used to share a room with my little sister. My mom had made me a life size doll for one of my birthdays and I thought it was funny to pretend like the doll was eating me. My sister would start crying and begging the doll to spit me back out. I would than pretend to fly out of her body.
2. In third grade I was roller skating to school (enough said) and David Wright yelled out across the street, “I dream of Jeannie with a ten foot weenie”. I didn’t really feel like roller skating to school anymore.
3. I became blood sisters with Laura Taft in the third grade. We just reconnected on Facebook and it could be because the same blood is running though our veins…..
4. I stole candy Valentine hearts at school one year because my mom would never let us have any candy at home. She was a member of the health food co-op and we bought coconut in bulk. She is really to blame for my thieving ways. The spanking was WAY out of line.
5. On the subject of my mom and her health food. A friend was going to an Easter egg hunt and my mom wouldn’t let me go. She told me she would make a hunt at home. I was very excited about this. I was going around the living room and she would say, “You’re getting warmer, you’re getting very, very hot……” As I approached the rocking chair with excitement and lifted the seat cushion I was greeted with a granola bar. GRANOLA BAR!!!!! I am still bitter.
6. I have taken piano, clarinet and cello lessons and I can’t play any of them anymore.
7. While working in Washington DC I had to have a White House security clearance for a meeting with Vice President Al Gore regarding children’s health care issues. I was one of about 50 people.
8. The first time I saw my husband Kelly I told a friend, “ Look at my future husband”. We were engaged three months later and married 8 months after we met. No, I was not pregnant.
9. I was perfectly calm on our wedding day. I knew I was making the right decision and I had no doubts.
10. I have never known such joy, fulfillment and peace as the first year I was able to stay home with our first child. It was truly one of the most amazing times in my life.
11. I feel beautiful and sexy while I am pregnant. Please note that I didn’t say OTHER people find me beautiful and sexy!
12. My son Jack was born at 44 weeks (a month late), my daughter, Madolyn, was an emergency c-section at 35 weeks (a month early) and my third son, Benjamin, was delivered at 40 weeks (right on time).
13. I have a-typical migraines that give me stroke like symptoms. Loss of vision, speech, memory at times, pressure up my right arm, numbness. I have experienced these for the last seven years.
14. I have to eat eggs in the morning or I feel sick for the rest of the day.
15. My dad is one of the funniest men I know.
16. I dream of living in an old farmhouse surrounded by wooded acres. I imagine a barn, apple orchards and of course a stream for the kids to play in. Maybe someday.
17. I wanted to be an archeologist when I was younger. I even had a subscription to an archeology magazine. Some girls liked Tiger Beat and I was looking at King Tut ruins….
18. I am afraid of dying and leaving my children. You should see how my husband would dress them and they would eat at Carls Jr. every night.
19. I have friends that have known me most of my life. I love that they know my story and I know theirs.
20. I would love to have a fourth child.
21. I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.
22. I would get botox.
23. I had a leadership scholarship in college.
24. I wrote a song in high school. The band played it at graduation and a good friend sang.
25. I sang in a jazz ensemble in college. ….I can even scat for you.
There you have it. 25 random things that you probably didn’t need to know about me! I hope everyone on Facebook is happy now.
Share this Post