I meant to get this post up sooner and I’m sorry that it took me a few extra days.
Today I wanted to follow-up with Daily Makeup after I shared my morning skincare routine.
I don’t really wear a lot of makeup and anytime we are home I don’t wear any.
If I have to quickly run out of the house I will touch up with my blemish stick and mascara and call it good.
I don’t know if everyone I am coming in contact with would call it good…but it works for me.
The funny thing is that high school I would wake up so early to meticulously apply my makeup.
I wouldn’t go anywhere without the whole thing done.
So glad I moved past that stage.
I think what really helped me to hear the boys I dated tell me again and again that they thought I was the prettiest without makeup.
I think girls/women have a misconception somethings what makes a woman beautiful.
I think they are really saying that they just want to be able to kiss on you without getting tons of crap all over them:-)
Here is the makeup I wear when I wear it…
Before I put on any makeup I have followed my Morning Skincare Routine.
1. Covergirl Blemish Stick. I don’t know why I still use a teenage girl blemish stick. I just like how it covers and it isn’t oily.
2. Invest in good makeup brushes. I have a large makeup brush I use for powders, this brush for blush and brushes for eyeshadow. It makes a difference in getting a natural look.
3. I am not even kidding. I use Maybelline pressed powder. You guys are never going to listen to me about anything else again. I am heading to the makeup counter of Nordstrom RIGHT. NOW. I used Ivory. Head down in shame.
4. Tarte Bronzing Powder. Love this product for just a little color.
6. Once I have the powders on and blush I always spritz my face with water, rose water or a toning refresher. It sets the powder and makes it look more natural.
8. My always on hand Burt’s Bees Red Dahlia Tinted Lip Balm
9. If I wear lipstick I only use Tarte in Exposed
10. I wear eyeliner on my top lids (when I wear it) and I use Tarte Charcoal. It is soft and smudges nicely for a look I love.
11. When I have a special night I out I will use Bobbi Brown compressed eyeshadow in charcoal (make sure you have the brush).
That is it for the makeup. I am a creature of habit and I like what I like. If/when I discover something new that I LOVE I will make sure I share it with you.
Tomorrow I will share my nightly skincare routine.
Have a great night!
Share this Post