As a creative being, you are intrinsically absorbent, sensitive, and free spirited. This (very) mixed media workshop is the perfect opportunity to slow down, look inward, and connect with the truest part of you: your unique, absolutely one-of-a-kind soul.
Through gathering ephemera that deeply expresses your truth and beauty, collaging, stitching, markmaking, and *listening* to Who You Really Are, you will take the plunge deep into a soothing wellspring of life that lives inside you.
At the end of this workshop, you will have a visual book created in quiet meditation as you seek, feel, dwell within, and express the kaleidoscope of passions and dreams that makes you who you are. And, you will learn the finest art of all: the art of nourishing your analog soul in a digital world.
Techniques Taught in this Course
- Bookmaking (with improvised and basic binding)
- Image Transfer with Gel Medium
- Image Transfer with Acetone
- Design and cut your own stencil
- Design homemade collage sheets
- Collaging to express your soul
- Working with symbols in markmaking and collage
- Working with textiles and paper in collage
- Inkjet printing on Fabric
- Stitching as texture and markmaking
- Stream of consciousness writing
- Simple detail work with gel pens and alcohol markers