The Inspired Line with Zane Prater
There is a thrilling satisfaction to inking a line just right.
In this course, we will explore materials and techniques to grow confidence in your pen and ink work. We will develop the skills to create inspiring, visually stimulating ink drawings by experimenting with different pens, papers, inks, mark-making, and drawing techniques. I will share with you some of my favorite tips and resources acquired over many years of working with this wonderful medium.
Techniques Taught in this Course
- Drawing tips and techniques
- The fundamentals of light and value
- Tools and methods of ink drawing
- Inspired mark making
- Creating thumbnail sketches to test out ideas
- Living with your sketchbook
- Creative journaling
- Toning paper
- Working with spontaneity
- Warming up the hand-eye connection
- Creating a finished ink drawing
- Working from reference