When you look at the work of an artist you are able to see so much deeper into their past, what they find beautiful in this world and an intimate glimpse into what makes them have to create in the first place. Renee Muller is an artist with such a love and history in the theatre and one of the most feminine touches in whatever she is creating. Renee is combining her years of training in the theatre and her practice as a fine artist in her very first online course on our creative network. Come and be prepared to step backstage and see a new way to create.
From Renee Mueller…
The theater is rich in history and virtually overflowing with inspiration. Stories abounding in tradition are told over and over through ballet, modern dance, opera, and musical theater. Stories that have been delicately woven into the history of the performing arts and continue to prove to be a great source of inspiration for all creative souls.
As a former dancer and choreographer, I learned to devote myself to a subject through research and gathering of many types of inspiration. I have come to learn that even the smallest glimmer of an idea is relevant and can eventually be the guiding light for your art.
In this class, we will walk alongside our muses as we create charcoal portraits with a variety of charcoal and techniques to create ethereal effects. I will guide you as we draw, paint, collage, and stitch. We will weave their stories along with our own to create beautifully expressive art.
Taking a page from master artists like Picasso, Matisse, and Noguchi, who designed sets and costumes for the theater, we will create a romantic, lush floral series fit for the stage.
“Everything must come from the heart, must be lived” ~Pina Bausch
Techniques Taught in this Course
-How to work with different types of charcoal and create beautifully layered effects.
-Expressive charcoal portraits with a nod to classical proportions.
-How to create a textural collage piece using personal artwork, found images, ephemera, stitching, and other materials.
-Step by step expressive floral series using acrylic paints, pastels, and light molding paste.
-Step by step portrait using acrylic paint and pastels
-Creating a beautiful color palette to use throughout the course.
-Learning to mix flesh tones with a limited color palette
-How to combine acrylics and pastels to create a rich, lush effect.
This course will teach you to embrace the gifts that set you apart as an artist. Gifts that can be brought to your art and create work that is deeply rooted in your soul.
Come and Watch The Course Trailer
If this is your first course with us or you are a longtime member we want to share how easy it is to find out more, register, see the supply list and share with your friends.
1. Come and read all about the new course HERE.
2. If you think your friends would love this course we would be beyond honored to have you share the promo video. We have included all of the social media links under the video to make it easy. You can also directly share the course page. You do not have to be a member of this site to see what we have to offer! LOVE THIS!
3. We also have over 100 other courses and to see what we are offering you can go directly to jeanneoliver.com and then click on courses.
4. All of our courses are pre-recorded so you can watch at your convenience. The best part is that you have lifetime* access.
5. If you have any questions about the course please contact support here.
*As long as we manage the creative network