I have become a bit of a collector of the works of Emma Petitt. Each time I have been able to purchase another piece I fall more and more in love with all of the colors, layers, and emotions in her creations. There is so much life in what Emma puts out into the world and her teaching is no different!
From Emma Petitt…
Create deeply personal portrait and figurative work that moves away from the generic or ‘pretty’.
Using gesture and contrast we learn to embrace the Imperfections and find beauty in the flaws. With this course, you will learn to abstract and distort, play with fluid marks and texture, find figures that constantly evolve and remove the need for preciousness.
Discover ways to bring looseness and emotion into your work using an array of materials. Sometimes raw and unrefined but always expressive.
Techniques Taught in this Course
-Creating energetic and unusual underpainting
-Working on one abstracted background and then dividing it up
-Learning to work fast and loose without plan or pressure.
-Use gesture lines and mark making
-Create your own silent visual language
-Free up your figure drawing skills
-Draw and paint expressive faces.
-Distort and abstract facial features to create character and interest
-Learn to bring dramatic lighting into your figure work
-Learn the importance of negative space
-Go large with size and scale
-Simple steps to paint expressive hands
Come and Watch The Course Trailer
If this is your first course with us or you are a longtime member we want to share how easy it is to find out more, register, see the supply list and share with your friends.
1. Come and read all about the new course HERE.
2. If you think your friends would love this course we would be beyond honored to have you share the promo video. We have included all of the social media links under the video to make it easy. You can also directly share the course page. You do not have to be a member of this site to see what we have to offer! LOVE THIS!
3. We also have over 100 other courses and to see what we are offering you can go directly to jeanneoliver.com and then click on courses.
4. All of our courses are pre-recorded so you can watch at your convenience. The best part is that you have lifetime* access.
5. If you have any questions about the course please contact support here.
*As long as we manage the creative network
Share this Post