Color, composition, layers, insane design sense, paint, paper, collage and intentional marks are some of the reasons that I find the work of Julie Hamilton exquisite. She is able to bring together simple materials in powerful and moving ways that stops me in my tracks. I am not alone. She is a well loved artist and teacher and it is with so much excitement we share that she has created an online course just for us! Get lost in great design, simple tools and new techniques that you will be able to incorporate into so many of your art practices.
Using mixed media techniques you will discover what excites and inspires you to create. You will develop your visual vocabulary – the marks, the shapes, the line and texture that you are drawn to and expand upon them. You will be encouraged to experiment with creative play and build your confidence by working small and in series.
We will create in short bursts of creative focus with no thought of the outcome. The end result being all about exploring and finding possibilities.
You will be guided through a number of different exercises which include:
– Non objective drawing… Doodling!
– Finding your marks and shapes and expanding upon these
– Mixed media mashups
– Making papers and patterns
– Collage cut outs
Visual Creative Journal:
– A visual vocabulary guide all about you
These exercises will encourage you to take time out daily to explore. I hope to encourage you to shift your creative lens and take the time to discover what you really love. It will be all about the journey rather than the end result. The spirit of experimentation and of play.
Techniques Taught in this Course
– Gathering and documenting inspiration
– Finding your marks
– Expanding your marks
– Mixed media experimentation
– Creating collage pieces within your artwork
– Creative journal making
Come and Watch The Course Trailer
If this is your first course with us or you are a longtime member we want to share how easy it is to find out more, register, see the supply list and share with your friends.
1. Come and read all about the new course HERE.
2. If you think your friends would love this course we would be beyond honored to have you share the promo video. We have included all of the social media links under the video to make it easy. You can also directly share the course page. You do not have to be a member of this site to see what we have to offer! LOVE THIS!
3. We also have over 100 other courses and to see what we are offering you can go directly to jeanneoliver.com and then click on courses.
4. All of our courses are pre-recorded so you can watch at your convenience. The best part is that you have lifetime* access.
5. If you have any questions about the course please contact support here.
*As long as we manage the creative network
Share this Post